For the majority of the university students, composing dissertation is an exciting yet challenging venture. It is an opportunity for you to carry out research on the topic of your choice and share it with experts in the field. However, the quondam excitement begins to fade immediately upon compiling your research and forming an official dissertation. That being the case, you can always refer to a best dissertation writing service, but if you are willing to invest your time and energy in composing a dissertation for your university, you can follow the ensuing steps to solve the issues that commonly occur when writing dissertations:
- Picking an erroneous research topic: In most cases, when students write their first dissertation, they desire to tackle broad ranged topics. However, covering an extensive research hypothesis can be time-consuming. For this reason, students often miss their deadlines or produce a mediocre content that doesn’t account for the validity of the result. Hence, it is essential for you to pick a topic that is specific, precise and to the point so that it can be covered easily.
- Staying ahead of your deadline: In higher level educational institutes, dissertations are assigned often months before their due date, as a result, students procrastinate until the final moment to begin them. Due to the lack of time, the end product, does not meet the required standards. As a result of this consequence, it is essential for you to start your dissertation at least three months before the date of submission. By this means, you will have time to construct, edit and amend it.
- Following the standardised structure: When it comes to academic writing, marks are allotted for following a specific structure. Consequently, your dissertation should be inclusive of an accurate title page, a signatory page along with a table of content, page numbers, in-text citations and references. Furthermore, it is essential for you to recheck your dissertation to ensure that it is free from any form of error. In academic dissertation writing, formality constitutes to the quality of the content. Hence, the use proper construction of sentences along with smooth transitions and formal vocabulary is necessary.
- Changing the direction mid-way of writing the research dissertation: It often occurs, when students start writing their dissertations, they change the direction of their research. This leads to straying from the main purpose of your intended research. In this case, it is crucial to take a step away from your dissertation and take a break. In that time, reflect on what you intended to demonstrate via your research and return with a fresh pair of eyes in order to remain concise and to the point.
- Allowing the negative emotions to take over you: When your paper is left incomplete with the date of submission lingering right around the corner, it’s not uncommon for you to fall under the influence of negative emotions and self-defeating behaviours which can lead to stress, disappointment, low self-esteem etc. However, adverse cognitions such as, ‘I can’t do it,’ can get in the way of your progress while preventing you to conclude your research. In regards to this, you should surround yourself with positive people who will lift your spirits and encourage you to complete the task.
Subsequently, as a student, you should make their life easier and seek help when necessary. This way, you will remain passionate about your field of choice and use the same enthusiasm